At The Bank of Missouri, your account comes standard with many great security features. We also offer several optional security products, allowing you to choose the products and protection that’s right for you.
Review the products below and be sure to visit our Security Center, where we share best practices you can take to protect your accounts.
Online Banking Security Manager™
Security Manager is an optional feature that requires a unique passcode each time certain actions are taken under the "Options" tab in Online Banking (such as changing your password, user ID or email address).
To use Security Manager, you will enter your cell number one time in Online Banking to enroll. Then the passcode will be sent by text each time you take one of the triggering actions. If you ever need the passcode when you do not have access to your mobile phone, just give us a call during normal business hours.
You also have the option to use Security Manager without using a mobile phone. In that case, you would need to call the bank for a passcode each time it is needed.
Please note some cell phone providers are not supported, including Consumer Cellular, Google Voice, H20 Wireless, Straight Talk, Tracphone, and Walmart Family Plan. While there is no fee from The Bank of Missouri for this service, connectivity and usage rates may apply. Contact your wireless provider for details.
Online Banking Security Token
Security tokens allow you to receive an additional code you enter along with your user ID and password each time you log in to Online Banking. Because a new code is generated for each log in, even if a hacker had obtained your userID and password, they would not be able to log in without the additional code.
A virtual token you can access on your computer or smartphone is offered at no charge to each Online Banking user. If you prefer to have a physical token you carry with you, you can purchase one for a fee at any one of our locations. Tokens can be used to protect consumer and business accounts.
After you sign up, you will receive a welcome email with download instructions. Simply download within three days and register your token. Log in to Online Banking and when prompted, enter the credential ID and security code.
Security Token Frequently Asked Questions
If my phone is lost or stolen, can the virtual token be used by someone else to access my Online Banking?
No. A security token cannot be used alone to access Online Banking. To log in, it must be used along with your user ID and password.
Will I use the token when logging in on the bank's mobile app?
No. The token is used for logging into Online Banking on your desktop or device's browser, and is not used in the mobile app.
Can I use my token on other sites?
You can use your token anywhere Symantec token usage is accepted. Be sure to register your VIP credential at each VIP Participating Organization where you have an online account before you use the credential. Then your Participating Organization will be able to recognize your VIP credential ID. Look for the Symantec Validation & ID Protection logo at VIP Participating Organization for instructions.
Debit Card Text Alerts
Stop debit card fraud in its tracks with our smsGuardian™ text alert system. It’s simple. Anytime you complete a transaction with an increased likelihood of fraud (such as an out-of-state purchase or authorizations over $200), you will receive a text alert. If it’s not fraudulent, no reply is needed. If it is, you can let us know and we’ll take action right away.
Sign Up for Debit Card Text Alerts
Identity theft protection service1 for you, your family and joint account holders.
- Up to $10,000 Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage2 for expenses associated with restoring your identity
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case until your identity is restored
- Debit and Credit Card Registration (registration/activation required)
- Credit File Monitoring – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports (registration/activation required)
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request a new report every 90 days or upon receipt of a credit alert (registration/activation required)
- Credit Score – receive a new single bureau credit score with every new credit report (registration/activation required)
- Total Identity Monitoring – monitoring of over 1,000 databases (registration/activation required)
- Online identity theft news center and valuable phone and web resources