Personal Retirement Planning
Retirement. It’s a word than means different things to different people - excitement, worry, and everything in between. Our approach to retirement planning takes a broad look at the various choices you can make today to help provide for your financial future. To take the best actions now, it helps to predict – as well as you can – your future economic circumstances.
Envision your retirement
- Think about what you want your retirement to look like.
- Will you move? Will you travel? How, and with whom, will you spend your time?
- How will things change as you move through your retirement years?
- Start to “picture” your ideal retirement phase of life.
What’s your number?
- Rather than a balance, it helps to start with an income target.
- What will your expenses be? How much income do you need to replace?
- How much will your income sources like social security and pensions be?
- This will help you make decisions regarding your accumulated savings, now and later.
Your retirement plan is personal
- It is key to tailor your retirement planning to your own unique circumstances.
- Your savings and retirement plan balances will be where you have the most flexibility.
- Understanding your goals helps us determine how to make your funds work best for you.
- We will develop a sound strategy for growing your assets and your income stream.
Whether you view retirement as exciting or worrisome, good planning can help you to achieve your goals and provide a sense of security and peace of mind. If retirement is in your more immediate future or if it’s decades from now, there are actions you can take to be prepared. Retirement planning is possible and can help you take control of your own future.
Will you visit with us about how we can help you plan well, so you can live well?