smsGuardianTM is a FREE* anti-fraud alert service for The Bank of Missouri debit card holders. After initial sign-up, customers will receive text message alerts on their designated mobile device of possible fraudulent purchases made with their debit card. Customers will have the opportunity to reply back to the text message to report an unauthorized transaction, which will initiate the Bank’s fraud investigation process.
You can enroll any of your Bank of Missouri debit cards in this service. You may choose to receive text alerts on any device such as a cell phone or tablet. Give smsGuardian a try today by following the enrollment instructions and clicking the "Sign Up Now" button below.
1. Click the "Sign Up Now" button below to enroll in the smsGuardian System.
2. Enter a valid card number followed by the enrollment authentication criteria for the card.
3. Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
4. Setup a "Do Not Disturb" window in the Preferences/View Preferences tab.
5. To enroll a device, go to the Device/Create Device tab (Note: up to two devices can be added per card).
6. Enter the 10 digit mobile device number and click "Submit."
7. Send the required message provided on the screen to 27576.
8. The message you receive will include instructions on how to reply if the transaction was unauthorized.
The following types of transactions will trigger a text message alert. These transaction types are based on a set of criteria selected by The Bank of Missouri. They do not necessarily mean that your card has been used fraudulently, but you will receive a message each time these types of transactions occur.
- International Transactions
- Fuel Transactions
- Authorizations Greater than $200
- 6 or more Transactions in 24 hours
- Card Not Present
- Transactions Out-of-State
- Transactions Declined Authorizations
How It Works
When a purchase that meets the monitoring criteria defined by The Bank of Missouri is made with your debit card, a text will be sent to you for review. If you think a particular transaction is fraudulent, reply immediately. An smsGuardian fraud analyst will block the card and follow up with you by phone. This added layer of security enables fraudulent activity to be identified and stopped immediately, which significantly reduces the likelihood that subsequent unauthorized transactions will occur.
If you receive this message and the purchase is legitimate, do nothing. If the purchase is fraud, reply with the code provided within the text message and your card will be blocked. If you do not reply to the text message within 12 hours, the transaction is considered legitimate and no further action will occur.
Features & Benefits to Debit Card Holders
- Two-way text communication (data charges may apply)
- Can enroll up to ten devices per web account
- Do-Not-Disturb window capability
- One year enrollment period
- All major phone carriers supported
Frequently Asked Questions
I used my spouse's SSN because the account is in his/her name and it’s not working.
I’m getting alerts now, but they are not fraud, what do I do?
Who will the text appear to be from?
If a cardholder responds “NO” to a text, how long will it take to block?
Do cardholders receive renewal notifications?
What is SMS?
*Message and data rates may apply from your wireless carrier. This anti-fraud alert service is free. To view the Terms and Conditions of this program, please visit https://www.cardguardian.com/CardGuardian/signon.do?fid=E8 for information. After initial sign-up to this service, you may discontinue the receipt of Alerts immediately by texting the word STOP in reply to a Guardian Alert. Visit https://www.cardguardian.com/CardGuardian/signon.do?fid=E8 if you wish to unsubscribe entirely from this service after initial sign-up. Please be advised that these alerts do not replace regular personal monitoring of your accounts. If you ever suspect that a transaction may be fraudulent, please contact us immediately at 888-547-6541.