The Bank of Missouri is dedicated to keeping your information safe and secure in an ever-increasing electronic world. We use a multi-layered approach to security to ensure that your valuable information is kept safe.
Our goal is to help you protect yourself against fraud and identity theft. We have a number of measures in place to help protect you, including industry-standard technologies and employees dedicated to fighting against fraud and identity theft. Read below for more information about some of our security features.
Online Banking Security Features
Security Manager™ is an optional feature that requires you to enter a unique passcode each time certain actions are taken under the "Options" tab in online banking (such as changing your password, user ID or email address). To use Security Manager™, you will enter your mobile phone number one time in online banking to sign-up. Then the passcode will be sent via text each time you take one of the trigger actions. If you ever need the passcode when you do not have access to your mobile phone, you may call our Information Center at (888) 547-6541 during normal business hours to receive the passcode.
There is no fee from The Bank of Missouri for this service. Connectivity and usage rates may apply. Contact your wireless provider for details. Please note some cell phone providers are not supported, including Consumer Cellular, Google Voice, H20 Wireless, Straight Talk, Tracphone, and Walmart Family Plan.
You also have the option to use Security Manager™ without using a mobile phone. In that case, you would need to call the bank for a passcode each time it is needed.
Personally Selected Account Names
Individual ID & Password Information
Password Security System
After a brief monitoring period, you’ll be prompted to select some personal verification questions. During a future login we’ll ask you to answer these questions if we don’t recognize your computer or location from where you are logging in.
- Additionally, you will be asked to select a watermark for your Online Banking account. This watermark will be displayed at each login (before you enter your password) and also on each page while you are on your Internet Banking account. This will assure you that you are accessing the secure Bank of Missouri Online Banking at all times.
- Also, additional monitoring will be in place for dollar amount and volume of transactions. If any transaction(s) present a higher risk factor, the system will prompt for personal verification questions to ensure your identity prior to processing the transaction(s).
Trusteer Rapport is lightweight security software that protects your online banking communication from being stolen by criminals. Trusteer Rapport is highly recommended by The Bank of Missouri and is provided free of charge as an additional layer of security to any anti-virus or security software you already use. Learn More
Additional Security Measures
Online Applications & Forms
When sending any application information online through our website, all information is sent in via a secure connection. Our entire website is always in "secure mode". This is evident by the "https" that will appear in the URL as opposed to "http." If you are using Internet Explorer, you will see a locked pad lock at the bottom of your screen when you are in a secure mode, and an unlocked pad lock when you are in an insecure mode.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Browser Should I Use?more
We recommend using one of the following browsers in its most current version or the verion previous for optimal viewing of this website:
- Internet Explorer – Download now
- Firefox – Download now
- Chrome – Download now
- Safari – (Apple/Mac users only)
Please note: When browsing securely, the browser will display a locked padlock icon in the address bar.
How Can I Protect My Online Banking Account Information?more
While The Bank of Missouri works very hard to protect your banking privacy, you also have an important role in protecting your accounts. There are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your Bank of Missouri Online Banking account information is protected:
- Don't reveal your User ID or password to anyone. Your User ID and password are designed to protect your banking information, but they will only work if you keep them to yourself.
- Change your Bank of Missouri Online Banking passwords frequently.
- Don't walk away from your computer if you are in the middle of a Bank of Missouri Online Banking session.
- Once you have finished your Bank of Missouri Online Banking session, sign off before visiting other internet sites.
To assure the utmost security of your account, follow these simple tips:
- Click the EXIT button to log out of your session
- Clear your browser's cache to erase any stored information*
- Close your browser window
*This is especially true if you notice any suspicious or unusual activity related to any of your accounts. If this is the case, contact us immediately at (888) 547-6541.