Anti-Fraud Debit Card Text Alerts
With our smsGuardian™ alert service, you will receive a text message every time your debit card is used for purchases that have an increased likelihood of fraud. If you receive this message and the purchase is legitimate, simply do nothing. If the transaction is fraudulent, respond to let us know and we’ll block your card and take action right away. If you do not reply to the text message within 12 hours, the transaction is considered legitimate and no further action will occur.
The following types of transactions will trigger alerts. Keep in mind, it does not necessarily mean your card has been used fraudulently, but you will receive a message each time these types of transactions occur.
- International transactions
- Fuel transactions
- Authorizations greater than $200
- 6 or more transactions in 24 hours
- Card not present for transaction
- Out-of-state transactions
- Transactions with declined authorizations
There is no charge from the bank for this service.1 This program offers a one year enrollment period. At the end of the 12 month period, you will receive a text prompting you to enroll for another year.2
- Click the "Sign Up Now" button below to enroll in the smsGuardian System.
- Enter a valid card number followed by the enrollment authentication criteria for the card.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Setup a "Do Not Disturb" window in the Preferences/View Preferences tab.
- To enroll a device, go to the Device/Create Device tab (Note: up to two devices can be added per debit card).
- Enter the 10 digit mobile device number and click "Submit."
- Send the required message provided on the screen to 27576.
- The message you receive will include instructions on how to reply if the transaction was unauthorized.