Apple Pay at The Bank of Missouri
Now enjoy the convenience and security of Apple Pay® mobile payments solution with your Bank of Missouri debit card. You can use your iPhone® 6 to pay for purchases at more than 220,000 participating stores. Touch ID™ makes the transaction easy and secure.
Step 1. Load card
Tap the + sign in Wallet. Take a picture of your card (preferred method) or enter the information manually.
Step 2. Verify card
Enter additional card details. If phone verification is required, you will be prompted to call us at 1-888-547-6541.
Step 3. Make it easy
Make this card your default. If you have more than one card in Apple Pay, simply hold your finger on your Bank of Missouri debit card image and bring it to the front.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Apple Pay secure?
Where can I make payments with Apple Pay?
What do I need to use Apple Pay?
- iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus and later (for use in stores and within apps)
- iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 and later (for use within apps only)
- Apple Watch paired with iPhone 5 or later (for use in stores only) with passcode on your Apple Watch and Wrist Detection turned on
- iOS 8.1 or later
- Touch ID or passcode on your iOS device
- An Apple ID signed in to iCloud
- Supported card from a participating bank or store
How do I set up Apple Pay on my iPhone or iPad?
How do I set up Apple Pay on my Apple Watch?
How do I set my Bank of Missouri debit card as my default to pay?
The first card you add to Wallet is your default card. To change your default card, use the steps below.
On your iPhone:
- Open Wallet.
- Touch and hold your finger on the card that you want to make the default.
- Drag the card to the front of the cards in the Apple Pay section.
On your iPad:
- Go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay.
- Tap Default Card.
- Choose a new card.
If given the choice, should I choose "credit" or "debit" on the terminal?
Will I have to sign a receipt when paying with Apple Pay?
Does Wallet show my recent transactions?
Why is my transaction amount sometimes reported differently in Wallet?
How do I return an item that I bought using Apple Pay in a store?
The cashier can use the Device Account Number to find the purchase and process the return, just like they would with a traditional credit or debit card payment. To see the last four or five digits of the Device Account Number for your iPhone or iPad, go to Wallet, tap the card, and tap the info icon. For your Apple Watch, open the Watch app on iPhone, tap My Watch > Wallet & Apple Pay. Tap your card to select it and see the Device Account Number. Apple Pay activity is also included on your bank statements.
If the cashier needs your card details to process the return, you can follow the same steps for making a payment:
- On the device that you used to make the original payment, select the card that you want to be refunded.
- On your iPhone, hold the device near the reader and authorize the return with Touch ID or passcode. On your Apple Watch, double-click the side button and hold the face of your Apple Watch a few centimeters from the contactless reader.
What should I do if my iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch is lost or stolen?
With Apple Pay, you authorize each purchase with Touch ID or your passcode. And every time you put on your Apple Watch, you need to enter your passcode to access it. These features help prevent other people from using Apple Pay on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
Go to icloud.com/find or use the Find My iPhone app to suspend or permanently remove the ability to pay from that device with Apple Pay. Your cards will be suspended or removed from Apple Pay even if your device is offline and not connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network. You may also contact us at 1-888-547-6541.